Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position is responsible for flawless execution of approved content and constructs for the overall customer experience across the email channel. This candidate will be an expert in the tools and end-to-end processes and will advocate for operational effectiveness to drive the customer-facing digital experience. This candidate will be the point of contact for tools issues and engage technical & product support partners to drive timely resolutions to minimize any impact to daily operations.
What you'll do
- Ensure project is launched on time and meets project requirements. Keep management notified of progress and/or deviation from project schedule (deliverables, milestone dates, resources, etc.)
- Acts as first line of support for cross-functional teams within Gap Online when production issues occur. Works with Tech Operations and Product Management to facilitate resolution and communicate updates to brand teams
- Assess processes and communication methods of delivery schedule and identify improvement areas. Work with manager to implement change where needed
- Build error-free email content adhering to email quality standards, QAing across breakpoints, device types and email clients.
- Review all email proofs, site preview links for accuracy and customer experience and test coupon codes at checkout. Works with business partners to resolve issues before launch
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to learn more about brand business processes and systems. Uses knowledge to suggest new ideas and change to improve overall efficiency of processes
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of supervisor/management experience.
- 2-3 years of detailed task planning and execution experience with related experience in retail/ecommerce.
- 1 year working with an email service provider and tools such as SFMC, Movable Ink, ExactTarget, MailChimp, or similar is preferred.
- Understanding of ecommerce content management processes, including direct experience with site and email tools and technologies.
- Highly detailed oriented, experience in managing and communicating deliverables for multiple projects at any given time.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting while mindful of time-management and efficiencies.
- Proficiency with organizational programs (OneDrive, SharePoint, SmartSheet).
- Ability to remain poised in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs