About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Visual Design Coordinator supports the Visual Merchandising team in the execution of print and digital visual communications that includes style guides, maps, team web dashboard, presentations as well as creative projects.
• Supports Sr. Manager / Graphic Designer in all Visual Merchandising communications projects from concept to completion
• Create final interactive PDFs for visual merchandising communications, primarily monthly style guides.
• Support the migration of all communications to digital platforms
• Keep abreast of new communications technologies and solutions
• Maintain personal daily and weekly production/design schedule
• Actively participate in creative/production hand-offs, and maintain responsibility for special projects from creative hand-off through review process and ultimately final delivery
• Adhere to naming and back-up procedures to ensure appropriate archiving and storage
• Continually manage and work to improve the quality of department deliverables
• Become an expert user of all enterprise technology tools and resources including Zoom, Smartsheets, ACT/PETE
• Propose and help to implement ongoing efficiency drivers using available technology
Who you are
• BA in Design or related field required
• Minimum 2 years experience in fast moving marketing department or comparable work environment
• Uncompromising attention to detail and maintenance of the highest degree of quality
• Familiarity with design thinking and growth mindset principles
• Ability to balance competing priorities and meet hard deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, and expert knowledge of InDesign
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage time
• Working knowledge of UI/UX principles
• Willingness to re-think current processes for more efficient work-flow
• Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn from mistakes
• Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skill set
• Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills and effectively manage multiple challenges
• Ability to react to change and solicit feedback
• Experience using cloud based project management tools preferred
• Responds and provides support to colleagues, capable of building cross-functional relationships in a matrixed environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
• Web development experience a plus
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs