Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This role is responsiblefor producing deliverables of In-store Windows and marketing collateral forNorth America Gap Brand within budget parameters, whilst meeting Gap brandquality standards. This position will work in close partnership with ourMarketing, Project Management, Creative and Studio teams.
The Associate Manager of Production must have excellent written andverbal communications skills with the ability to negotiate price and timelinesthat meet In-store dates and company goals.
What you'll do
- Source, develop and manage marketing projects
- Develop strong partnerships for effective decision making and issue resolution with external vendors and internal business partners
- Maneuver through complex business situations effectively and professionally to anticipate and overcome barriers to success
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings as required
- Effective management of programs, production, scheduling and budget management of all assigned Marketing projects
- Forecast projects by obtaining estimates with various print and production suppliers utilizing corporate tools and standard triple bid process
- Responsible for receiving the proper approvals needed for programs prior to the start of production to ensure project fits within defined budgets
- Partnership with Creative, Studio and Print Production Teams and attend press checks as needed
- Strategize on fulfillment and shipping methods
- Proactive partnerships with Creative on printing techniques that allow for wider range of creative ideas and executions
- Partnership with Retouching Manager and Vendor on the quality and timing of final assets
- Partnership with Studio on the integrity of mechanical files
Who you are
- BA/BS degree in print production or related field required
- At least 3-5 years pre-press and print production experience includingknowledge of Sheet fed, Digital & Screen Printing
- Experience working with retouching teams/vendors
- Windows and In-store print production experience including 3D props, signageand posters
- Ability to troubleshoot artwork files before they are
- sent to the vendor
- Vendor management: quality control, price negotiation and any other vendorrelated program issue
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to communicate to all levels of Gap Inc.
- Conflict Management: Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understandsothers quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
- Superior decision making, troubleshooting, negotiating, influencing andinterpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Tools
- Proficient in MS Office with working knowledge of Workfront, Crosscap aplus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs