About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Social Media Manager will spearhead and implement the social strategy across all Banana Republic channels, through alignment with key partners, to uphold the brand’s cultural relevance and also support core/fashion business strategies. Success in the role will be contingent on an ability to leverage the brand’s myriad of cross-functional resources, a curiosity around events in pop culture, a sense of immediacy to participate in trending stories, a thoughtful eye on the competitive environment, and an in-depth understanding of the ever evolving social landscape. The primary objective of the role will be to drive engagement, constantly elevate the desirability of Banana Republic, and demonstrate how social can also spur conversion at retail.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain a best-in-class social media strategy and presence for the Banana Republic brand across social platforms. Create and manage the social media calendar balancing brand, product marketing priorities, and broader cultural trends
- Develop seasonal content and social messaging strategies that acquire new customers/followers, engage current audiences, generate site traffic, increase conversion, and amplify overarching marketing efforts
- Partner cross-functionally with Social Art Director, Copy, Media, Site and Marketing teams to drive holistic representation of the brand across all mediums
- Develop monthly influencer campaigns including concept, planning, execution, and analysis. Stratify influencer efforts specific to brand or commerce driving KPIs
- Manage agency relationships, brief and acquire new partners if necessary, and secure industry leading vendors to deliver against the brand’s social media objectives
- Analyze and socialize social media performance with a reliable cadence in relation to key competitors; With a data driven mindset factor in learnings into future campaigns
- Be available to engage in social media activations in real-time with an “always on” attitude. Serve as the social media expert within the company, maintain a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, and tactics
- Cultivate Assistant Social Media Manager and develop junior talent on the team
Who you are
Must be organized, a self-starter, and have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and build strong relationships with business partners
Proven ability to lead multiple projects, prioritize and deliver against emerging priorities, multiple stakeholders and deadlines
Strategic mindset, solid analytical and critical thinking skills, proven expertise in problem solving, and experience with budget management
Knowledge and interest in content creators and influencers on social media and ability to quickly adapt to the evolving influencer landscape
Passion for pop culture, specifically how social media users find and digest fashion trends online
5 - 7+ years of experience in social media management and strategy
Undergraduate degree required
Domain expertise on social media best practices on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter and emerging platforms
Fluency in social analytics and listening platforms
- Background in retail/fashion industry, direct to consumer, digitally native, or culturally relevant brands
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs