About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
What you'll do
- Helping to ensure that company data practices comply with privacy regulations
- Managing the process for responding to customer requests to access or delete their personal information
- Working with key business partners such as legal and engineering to drive better processes and automation
- This role is responsible for ensuring compliance with key parts of data privacy laws such as EU General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- The role leads efforts to ensure requests from customers to access or delete their personal information pursuant to these laws are carried out
- The role is responsible for managing tools and methods to support the Privacy team with real-time monitoring of privacy risk across the company
- The role requires partnering with Legal, Sourcing, Engineering, InfoSec, and Compliance.
- This role should drive forward our goals as a security and privacy first technology organization, with a passion for the protection and compliance of our customers' privacy and security.
- The role interacts across all brands and business functions under Gap, Inc.
Who you are
- Monitoring the privacy software dashboard to ensure system owners meet SLA requirements for customer privacy requests.
- Provide support to system owners and other stakeholders as needed to complete requests
- Provide reporting and other metrics to assess privacy compliance and process performance
- Make recommendations for improving processes and supporting technologies
- Develop training strategies and materials
- Experience managing compliance or audit related tasks.
- 3+ years of experience in Privacy, Finance, Security, or Technology focused fields.
- Proficiency with Office365 products, ServiceNow and JIRA preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs