Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Graphic Designer role is responsible for the creation and execution of Gap store marketing materials, working in close partnership with the cross functional marketing team, to ensure marketing collateral is compelling and brand appropriate, enhancing the customer in store experience, and driving traffic and conversation KPI’s.
What you'll do
- Design and/or execute compelling concepts for all marketing channels that elevate the customer experience while still honoring the GAP brand heritage
- Perform a variety of design tasks from conception to final production that include print, web, mobile, and social
- Independently identify opportunities and suggest smart creative solutions
Who you are
- Passion and expert knowledge of typography.
- Strong eye for photography, composition, color and layout
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multipleprojects daily in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently whenneeded
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of design and print production processes
- Ability to build and develop cross functional partnerships
- Ability to process constructive creative feedback
- Ability to execute technical handoff to production team
- Proven ability to design best in class marketing campaigns
- Fashion, style, trend and design awareness
- BA in graphic design, related field, or proven equivalentexperience
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs