About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentialsaccessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. Wewere something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. Wedidn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We saidfashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on aroll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentialsonline as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a prettyawesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should beaccessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is,in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity,guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly whatwe believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion andmake shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Visual Manager ensures the integrity of the Old Navy brand throughconsistent and creative execution of product merchandising direction. TheVisual Manager is responsible for training teams and developing tools andresources to support compelling visual presentation within the stores in themarket of approximately 100 stores.
The Visual Manager will also ensure store teams understand, celebrate and sellour product through localization of events. They will inspire others and fostera culture of continuous growth and evolution. And they will help us evolve fromrunning stores to creating an Old Navy experience that's an integrated part ofJennie's life - setting us apart from competitors and helping us drive results.
Leadership and People
What you'll do
- Coach and inspire teams to provide consistent execution of visual presentation to deliver a consistent and compelling customer experience in all markets
- Train and educate the market on brand standards and visual merchandising standards and analyze data to inform future decision making
- Provide insight and guidance to Market Leaders to coach stores to flex and adjust merchandising presentations within the Brand
- In partnership with the Market Leader, communicate the Old Navy brand message through visual presentation
- Develop and execute training schedule with Market Leader and L&D Manager that effectively meets their areas individual needs
- Build constructive, effective relationships throughout the market to align support for visual merchandising and Old Navy brand initiatives
- Influence at all levels
Product and Visual
- Liaison between HQ and the market on visual presentation direction and initiatives
- Provide clarification and direction to the market regarding presentation/product initiatives
- Provide support to Market Leader to ensure brand and visual merchandising standards are active and consistently upheld in the market
- Ensure all leaders understand the brand aesthetic and how to represent the key visual concepts in stores
- Support creative visual presentation standards and the use of best practices consistently throughout the market
- Communicate trends and best practices to Director of Visual
Operations and Profitability
- Coach teams to provide consistent execution of visual presentation and delivering a consistent customer experience in all markets
- Develop creative merchandising solutions using brand filters to drive sales and margin
Ensure that Market Leaders understand seasonaloverview and the key message of each flow
Who you are
Ability to lift and carry 30lbs
Ability to travel between stores
Ability to climb a ladder
Ability to travel, including overnight as required
Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs