About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- This District Visual Manager position reports to the RVM and is based in the Denver area, and will oversee 22 stores.
- Ensure brand and visual merchandising consistency is upheld in the market.
- Provide clarification and direction to the market regarding presentation/product initiatives.
- Collates feedback and future recommendations regarding store presentation and marketing initiatives.
- Reinforce Brand Standards and the use of best practices consistently throughout the market.
- Partner with RM/DM on business growth opportunities in order to develop market strategies.
- Identify market issues and develop solutions that have the potential to impact bottom line profit.
- Provide support and specialist insight to RVM/RD/DM in order to maximize business profitability.
- Develop creative merchandising solutions using brand filters to drive sales and margin.
- In partnership with RVM/RD/DM, communicate the global Brand message.
- Reinforce how company goals and objectives at the Zone, District, and Region levels relate to product and visual merchandising.
- Facilitate seasonal presentation workshops, meetings and conference calls with Field Management.
- Ensure that Field Management and Visual Specialists understand seasonal overview and the key message of each flow.
- Build constructive, effective relationships throughout the zone, region, district and corporate offices to align support for visual merchandising and brand initiatives.
- Communicate with peers and relevant business partners to share creative ideas and best practices globally.
- Deliver in-season feedback relating to product/presentation and competition to RVM. Conduct training sessions to ensure current merchandising direction is communicated and presentation skills are developed in the RD/DM position.
- Identify and develop training opportunities to address visual merchandising skills gaps within the field.
- Manage and ensure consistent training and development for the Field Visual Team in order to increase Bench Strengths. Conducts performance and potential assessments in order to make succession recommendations within the Field Visual Organization.
Who you are
- 3-5 years retail visual management experience in a multi store capacity.
- Ability to understand and interpret visual presentation direction. Strong visual and merchandising skills that can support high volume, multi-level stores.
- Strong fashion and styling sense.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience in motivating and influencing others.
- Proven ability to train others and retain talent.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize.
- Proven commercial track record.
- Competition and industry aware, knowledge of market.
- High level of leadership skills.
- Strong influencing, problem analysis and decision making skills. Strong verbal and written skills.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) and digital camera skills.
- Travel will be required.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs