Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Graphic Designer role is responsible for the creation and execution of Gap store marketing materials, working in close partnership with the cross functional marketing team, to ensure marketing collateral is compelling and brand appropriate, enhancing the customer in store experience, and driving traffic and conversation KPI’s.
What you'll do
- Design and Execute compelling visual concepts in the context of a physical retail environment.
- Create Gap marketing materials (seasonal & promotional) that enhance the brand and the overall customer experience.
- Creatively solve issues identified by the account teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design and print production processes and combine this knowledge with the account objectives and budgets to solve creative challenges.
- Actively participate in and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives.
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to create any design instructions clearly for pre-production handoffs and review and mark up call-outs on mechanicals and proofs.
- Work directly and collaboratively with marketing and visual merchandising and styling partners to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives. Build relationships with these business partners towards the best creative solutions.
- Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
Who you are
Background in graphic design and a love for typography is a must.
Strong eye for photography & composition
Ability to be both creative and technical
Attention to detail
Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively.
Art and style awareness
Work collaboratively and independently when needed.
Minimum educational level: BA in graphic design or related area.
Minimum experience: 3-5 years’ experience working in advertising or design studio environment.
Ability to sustain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timetables.
Enthusiasm for the creative and technical processes. Desire to explore, understand and use new software and other technological advancements related to our
Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
Management of timelines, projects and
Mentor and manage junior team members
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs