About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Gap Inc Product Management group designs, creates, and implements process and software to support best in class retail capabilities- from Supply Chain to Customer Experience. The work of Product Management impacts all brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
The PdM II/PdM Manager will work to drive the strategy and implementation for new initiatives and the optimization of new and existing processes within Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Responsible for multiple projects aimed at delivering best of class solutions for both Customer Experience (eComm, Loyalty, MarTech) and Supply Chain
- Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
- Partner in the development and implementation of initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives
- Partner with the business to identify opportunities in current systems and process and create requirements for functional changes to maximize returns on application development efforts
- Maintain and prioritize a backlog of work items for multiple systems
- Work with an application development team to communicate business requirements in order to manage resources and allowing for efficient and timely development
- Drive project work, deliverables and timelines through direct reports
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected groups
- Identify and quantify methodology differences and impacts between current and future processes and systems.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders.
- Develops and manages project plans and key stake holder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Bring form and structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements
Who you are
- 4-6 year work experience required
- Experience in Retail or Customer-related industries preferred
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations strongly desired
- Experience developing and working with matrix organizations desired
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs