About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Gap Inc Product Management group designs, creates, and implements process and software to support best in class retail capabilities- from Supply Chain to Customer Experience. The work of Product Management impacts all brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
This is the team that ideates, executes and delivers technology to support product to market capabilities that support Gap, Inc.’s portfolio of brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
We enable capabilities that are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance our customer experience. The Product Manager will work to drive the strategy and implementation for new capabilities as well as the optimization of new and existing processes within Gap Inc.
This role will focus on partnering with the brands and the end to end planning systems to enable all brands product to market activates
What you'll do
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to external products.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering
- Develop product lines and appraise new ideas for viability
- Bring new products to market with return-on-investment analysis
- Schedule and assign operational requirements to follow up on work results
- Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
- Participate in Hindsighting with each brand to understand opportunities to continue to evolve the ways or working over time
- Partner with brands to identify opportunities in current processes to drive efficiencies
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities
- Build relationships with key brand partners and other brand stakeholders
- Bring form and structure to ambiguous situations
Who you are
- 2-3 years work experience required
- Experience in retail industry preferred, but not required
- Experience with complex scope to support business transformation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers to achieve a desired outcome
- Agile software development
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs