Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Marketing Manager, Omni will work on the development, launch and measurement of impactful 360-degree campaigns, through alignment with key business partners, to uphold Gap’s brand vision and support business strategies.
Success in the role will be contingent on an ability to leverage the brand’s myriad of cross-functional resources, a strong knowledge of both consumers and prospects, a passion for product details, curiosity around events in pop culture, a thoughtful eye on the competitive landscape, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape. The primary objective of the role will be to support driving the brand strategy of the business, constantly elevate the desirability of Gap to acquire new and engage existing consumers and drive traffic and sales across all channels.
What you'll do
Work in close partnership with creative leads to guide the development of creative and marketing concepts that can be executed across channels, in accordance with brand strategies, and to meet business goal objectives. Ensure assets are created with specific attention to end use mediums.
Collaborate with global merchandising and design to ensure that the marketing strategy for is aligned with the seasonal vision of the brand and product collections.
Partner with channel teams (PR, social, digital (site/email), store design (windows/signage), Promo and Direct Mail) to develop and execute storytelling and creative for Gap in a way that is catered to each platform in the omni-channel ecosystem.
Leverage customer insights and global market information, to draw conclusions on market trends and customer dynamics, and from these resources define marketing strategies and opportunities.
Drive creation and maintenance calendar/milestone management as well as weekly taskforces aimed at continuous cross-channel alignment on timing/execution of all initiatives
Work in close partnership with all cross-functional Marketing channel partners to ensure ideas and proposed tactics (creative concepts, media plans, store execution plans, digital and influencer plans, etc.) are on-brand and aligned with our set seasonal and annual strategies and consistent across all customer touchpoints
Manage quarterly Content Planning sessions with channel leaders to drive consistent, omnichannel storytelling development. Follow up with Go-to-Market Plan regroups in order to hold channels accountable for clear and effective storytelling rollout
Identify new ways of working in order to streamline processes and reporting.
Actively seek efficiencies for both the brand communications team and its partners. Maintain a predictable cadence and distribution for marketing reporting, in order to socialize to key stakeholders and also factor in learnings into future campaigns.
Who you are
- 4-6 years of account management and/or marketing experience, pref. in retail, apparel, luxury, real estate or entertainment brands
- Background in retail/fashion industry, direct to consumer, digitally native, or culturally relevant brands
- Must be organized, a self-starter, and have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and build strong relationships with business partners. Ability to work in a Matrix organization with experience in influencing Cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Significant knowledge of the full marketing mix (advertising, events, influencer, retail/trade) with a major brand or retailer (sporting goods or lifestyle/streetwear industry preferred).
- Good understanding of the Consumer Campaign Process from brief through to execution.
- Strong creative content evaluation skills in regard to both design and tone of voice
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to provide clear, articulate feedback
- Ability to present entire programs or initiatives to all levels of organization
- Creative thinker who is positive and always takes a resolutions-oriented approach
- Out of the box mindset
- Passion for pop culture
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs