About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Fit Model is responsible for representing the Brand target customer for body measurements, shape and proportion. The model will fit garments at all major Milestone Meetings, Production Fittings, In Store Fittings, all size fittings, and showroom presentations as required and provide feedback on fit and comfort to meet the brand customer expectation. This position requires the ability to spend most of the time standing while fitting garments. The Fit Model is also required to have excellent people skills, work well under pressure, and be able to articulate how the garment fits.
What you'll do
- Attends fit sessions as model to provide feedback and check movement and functionality of each garment
- Communicate fit intent, balance, and construction to teams in the fit session
- Identify potential production, quality and clothing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Track and manage Fit Schedules with Technical Designers and Cross Functional partners to ensure scheduling and prioritization of fittings are aligned with the calendar and business deliverables
- Collaborate with business partners to understand design aesthetic, brand fit, and construction standards and provide consistent, professional feedback
- Demonstrate an understanding of the competitors fits and sizing with the ability to make call outs on the difference between our competitors and BR brand
Who you are
- Work Experience: Some related modeling experience
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple audiences at all levels of the organization
- Resourcefulness: Experience in managing multiple projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented
- Size: 40R Suit
- Height: 5’10 – 5’11, 6’0 max
- Neck (@base): 16 ½
- Mid Neck: 15 ½
- Across shoulder: 17 1/2
- Bicep: 13 1/4
- Chest: 40
- Waist: 32 ½
- High Hip 4” down: 35
- Low Hip 8” down: 39
- Body measurements must be maintained and no more than +/- ¼” from the above specification (except for height). Fit Models are measured weekly.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs