About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
In this role, you will maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. Ownership of business includes: boutique, outlet and the online channels.
What you'll do
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory goals by creating pre-season strategies for various categories and collections.
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities for all channels
- Produce department and category pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that align to company budget targets by channel
- Create inventory investment (style level buy) plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans
- Assess historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Create and update reporting to analyze performance by channel to the lowest level. Create recaps to communicate findings to the cross functional team & management
- Ability to maintain data integrity and correct inconsistencies in reporting and tools
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Own department pricing by channel to drive sales and profit within the brand constraints while aligning with other departments
Who you are
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Strong working relationships with multiple cross-functional partners ensuring business success
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time. Previous knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs