About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Manager of Allocation and Price Optimization will drive improvements in allocation and pricing through process and tools. Manager will also lead, in partnership with a Planner, support for price optimization. Both areas require partnership and communication with leadership and functional teams ranging from individual contributor to Senior Vice President.
• Leads team of (Sr.) Planners and/or Analysts, through development, execution and communication of investment and system optimization strategies to ensure achievement of Old Navy financials plans and brand strategies
• Responsible for identifying opportunities, translating them into strategies, and driving results
• Develops broader, longer term strategies for team
• Own and manage multiple projects or larger initiatives
• Drives projects forward by linking to Old Navy strategy and goals
• Develop project plan that includes, but is not limited to, tool development, IM engagement, communication, training, and stakeholder feedback
• Own and manage multiple projects or larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
• Accomplishes project milestones through leading others while holding team accountable to timeline and quality
• Models strong time management by setting clear timelines and delivering project milestones on time
• Appropriately informs & engages IS leadership
• Leverages SMEs, SWAT leaders and IM leadership as key stakeholders and is seen as someone that incorporates feedback into strategies
• Owns development of self
• Leads team of one or more (Sr.) Planners and/or Analysts
• Supports career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
• Creates a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
• Influences peers and IM leadership to drive results
• Develops training for IM organization that includes strategic intent & tactics
• Committed to delivering work that adds value to company goals
• Values partnerships as a means to delivering results
• Demonstrates the value of being people focused
Who you are
• 3-5 years of Inventory Management (or equivalent) experience
• Demonstrated strategic agility ability to anticipate and articulate future business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies
• Proven success with leading organizational change
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of Old Navy inventory management applications (or equivalent) & MS Office
• Background in allocation or pricing optimization is required
• Experience in leading system / tool projects for a business is required
• Proven track record successfully leading and developing a team
• Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.