About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Associate Manager, Product Development will be accountable for supporting the Product Development team in building product, in partnership with Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against brand standards.
What you'll do
- Maintain an understanding of our brand aesthetic and collaborate with Design to support the development of the product line
- Maintain an understanding of how certain raw materials perform when in garment form and offer input and recommendations based on VoC, vendor innovation, quality improvements, and competition
- Timely coordinate of good/better/best during sketch review, ensuring strategy is adhered to
- Share concerns/partner with Production Management team on potential issues and inputs to sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate the presentation of proto types, washes, testing results and cost options to Design in preparation for Alignment in partnership with R&D
- Coordinate preliminary costing and product options to solve for cost issues in alignment with cross functional partners & rolling up costing to meet AUC targets
- Help to identify and recommend RSC opportunities or opportunities to shorten lead times on product strategies
- Coordinate creation, tracking & maintenance of sample requests & BOMs through Product Adoption
- Track and recommend cost effective options to land on product requirements.
- Ensure timeliness of approvals/ product changes to meet deliveries through the development process
- Support or attend development trips to participate and collaborate on fit/quality and cost alignment/solves
- Help to identify opportunities for innovation for future/current seasons
- Create and track open issues during Alignment and Development trips
- Attend critical fittings to see execution of product and track changes that affect cost and production leadtime
- Ensure necessary system maintenance through development process
Who you are
- 3 years of Production and Product Development experience
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Manufacturing knowledge -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
- Garment production knowledge -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
- Retail math knowledge: AUC, AUR, IMU
- Good aesthetic, design and color sense
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Solid understanding of product construction
- Solid understanding of design process
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, web-based applications
- Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Solicit feedback/self-development
- Domestic & International travel required
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs