Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Inventory Strategy group designs, creates, and implements inventory and price optimization capabilities that enable Global Gap Outlet to manage business in a localized manner throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. The Sr. Planner is primarily responsible for providing research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and capturing strategic opportunities. They will own and manage projects or parts of larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement supply chain / inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Own and manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Identify areas to improve process and tools for BAS, RSC and Reporting
- Drive RR tool creation and process development with the IM and PETE team
- Prepare presentation documents and present findings to all levels of management
- Serve as a liaison with brand functional teams (merchandising, planning, finance, information technology)
- Work with others to bring form / structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues
Who you are
- 5-7 year work experience required
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in supply chain management / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs