About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Corporate Quality Management team is part of the Global Supply Chain team, the Senior Manager will be responsible for supporting all brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Hill City) on quality issue resolution and future mitigation plans. You will work closely with the sourcing and manufacturing teams to communicate in market quality issues and provide guidance and support to ensure swift resolution with finance and brand partners, as well as create future strategies and processes to mitigate future issues. You will evolve, curate and communicate all corporate quality protocols and SOP’s as well as manage and maintain data sites to ensure the information is accessible and accurate. This role will also manage our Voice of the Cosumer(VOC) data and reporting, you will be responsible for driving the analytics program to ensure customer feedback is presented with actionable insights and incorporated upstream in the product pipeline. You will explore new ways of delivering data to business partners and work with software partners to consistently evolve how the data is used. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out data and insights that positively impact our product quality. This role is critical to the success of evolving our finished goods quality so we’re looking for a highly-motivated individual who is flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
• Oversee in market quality issue resolution with our sourcing, manufacturing and brand partners
• Drive in market surveillance activities and provide real time data and insights on product quality
• Create partnerships with the Brand Quality Leads to drive quality and performance compliance across critical product launches
• Provide expertise and insight on fabric, construction and testing as needed to assist with driving compliance in manufacturing and mitigate quality issues in market
• Partner with the DC audit team to execute brand specific strategic audit plans and reporting to support critical product launches
• Update, socialize and maintain all Corporate Quality protocols and SOP’s, partner with global stakeholders on alignment and drive continuous improvement to support the evolution of brand strategies and priorities
• Lead the execution and reporting of Voice of the Consumer (VOC) analytics and provide actionable insights to global stakeholders
• Identify process improvement opportunities and new ways of delivering data to business partners
• Develop knowledge of tools and systems and provide continuous evolution of the data
Who you are
Who You Are (Qualifications):
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years working in a retail or consumer products environment with a focus on product quality and sourcing/manufacturing
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred
• High level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
• Able to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Proven capability to communicate complex situations and data clearly and effectively
• Able to proactively solve problems, effectively manage multiple challenges, and provide viable and innovative options for resolution
• Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.