About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Change Management team is part of the GapTech Product Management (PdM) group. The PdM group designs, creates, and implements business solutions that maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
The Change Management Team facilitates the people side of change across Gap, Inc. by enabling adoption and sustainability of process changes, system rollouts and organizational changes, with the ultimate goal of increasing profitability across Gap, Inc.
The Senior Manager of Change Management will focus on enabling change for these implementations, including assessing and articulating the level of change needed for business processes, systems and technology and job roles. The primary responsibility will be executing Prosci-based change management strategies that equip our global teams with the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement needed to maximize their adoption, minimize business disruption, and strengthen our institutional change acumen.
This role supports the Change Leads in collaborations across multiple project and cross-functional teams. Key stakeholders include PdM, Business Teams across Inc., Learning & Development, and the GapTech Business Engagement Team.
To be effective in this role, a candidate must possess change management skills, an understanding of retail product operations, have proven experience as a leader and innovative thinker, and exemplify effective communication and planning skills.
What you'll do
- Manages multiple change efforts across Gap, Inc.
- Develops and executes comprehensive change strategies for program-level initiatives across multiple projects
- Oversees creation and leads development and execution of project-level change management activities and deliverables, such as: impact assessments, governance and sponsorship engagement strategies, sponsor roadmaps, and plans across communication, coaching, training, resistance management, and measurement for adoption
- Works as coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams
- Leads training development and delivery efforts, including developing sustainability plans with L&D and/or overseeing internal or external development resources
- Develops awareness strategies to ensure visibility to Change Team efforts
- Occasional travel may be required
Who you are
- 5-8 years work experience, minimum with 2-3 years in a leadership capacity
- Projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Large-scale organizational change efforts
- Managing change efforts across multiple projects
- Change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Leading cross-functional teams to implement change strategies across multiple organizations
- Effective communication across multiple teams, including product management, technical development, and end users
- Retail product operations, inventory management, merchandising, or production a plus
- Prosci change management certification a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs