About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
About the role
In this role, you will serve as the retoucher on all projects for Janie and Jack. This will include retouching (color correction, compositing, BG extensions, etc.), processing files, proofing, ensuring color consistency and quality across all images per product/project. You will be working onsite at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
What you'll do
Must be comfortable/proficient with using a Wacom tablet and Pen
Demonstrates proficiency in retouching, color correcting, high volume image retouching and consistency
Implement non-destructive retouching methods and layer structure within files to be easily understood by in-house and off-site retouchers
Proficient in Lightroom, Bridge, Capture One Pro as well as Adobe Creative Cloud, with an emphasis in Photoshop. Must have knowledge of Mac OS X, Google Sheets and Microsoft Office
Adapt and respond well to changing priorities, workflows and direction
Work with DAM systems and/or related digital asset management and job tracking tools
Understand masking and path making (the law of intersection with paths and masks)
Who you are
- Print retouching experience and/or knowledge preferred
- Visual Arts related degree and/or equitable previous experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Photo Retouching
- Experience with Photo Retouching in fashion/e-commerce industry a plus
- Strong and growing knowledge of retouching techniques (skin, fabric, compositing, extensions) as well as the ability to make an efficient hair mask
- Must work well with others and be able to manage your time efficiently
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs