About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Product Safety Manager supports the implementation of corporate policies and procedures as part of the global supply chain to ensure consumer safety. Participates in line reviews and provides guidance to ensure products meet requirements for consumer safety and compliance, while working directly with Brand partners, Sourcing partners, Legal departments, independent laboratories and others. Provides support in the troubleshooting and root cause analysis of Design or Manufacturing defects that could create safety hazards.
• Participates in line reviews to assess product risks and works closely with Brand partners prior to order placement to ensure products meet requirements for consumer safety
• Documents line review findings, including identification of product safety issues, and guidance for resolution.
• Supports the implementation of strategies to ensure the safety of all Gap Inc. customers.
• Ensures preventive measures are in place to avoid product recalls.
• If product recalls occur, leads root cause analysis, corrective action and preventative plan
• Researches and provides product safety information for Legal during litigation activities.
• Assists in the development of specifications and protocols, including special projects related to revision of Gap Inc. product manuals. Engages with independent laboratories and special consultants, as needed.
• Assists in the investigationsoot cause analysis of regulatory and safety failures, in-store or customer escalations and litigation.
• Researches and provides product requirements for Gap Inc. markets or product categories that are new or in development
• Engages Sourcing Partners to ensure successful implementation of Gap Inc. policies and procedures
• Participates in the development and deployment of educational materials and training events, designed to promote product safety awareness among Brand Business Partners.
Who you are
• BA or BS degree with 3-4 years’ experience in product safety, regulations, quality assurance or related technical field. Experience must include demonstrated understanding of textile fabrication and garment construction. Demonstrated knowledge of product testing and analysis preferred.
• Demonstrated analytical ability, quantitative analysis and strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to take initiative and utilize resources.
• Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PLM and other applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in clothing and/or textiles, engineering or business administration preferred
• Experience in a global apparel or retail company preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.