About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Lead the monthly forecast, close & annual budget process. Partner with Store Operations on payroll allocation methodology and expense management
What you'll do
- Partner with Store Operations on all aspects of store payroll allocation methodology and expense management
- Aligning with Company Planning on sales/levers/drivers used to allocate weekly payroll hours
Tracking weekly performance to forecast, influencing efficiency and financial discipline
Execution of annual budget, monthly forecast, and month-end close processes for U.S. and Canada payroll expense
Presentation of budget, close and forecast summaries to brand Financial Planning & Analysis group
Development of bi-annual store-level budgets that reflect sales and controllable contribution goals
Influence Payroll strategy, philosophy and approach through analysis and research
Partner with cross-brand business partners to drive creative solutions to complex business cases
Assist in developing financial models to support business decisions & explore financial impacts of potential opportunities
Drive continual improvement in all aspects of store payroll, including forecasting, allocation, tools, and methodologies
Who you are
2-3years of upwardly progressive Finance experience
Degree in either Finance, Economics, Accounting
Retail Finance and Operations experience a plus
Expert MS Excel user; Hyperion Essbase a plus
Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Ability to efficiently collect, organize and synthesize information in a logical manner
Ability to perform analyses with complex data, identifying business issues/formulating global perspective on findings
Strong financial modeling skills
Excellent interpersonal, partnership building, and communication skills
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, demanding environment
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs