About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Position requires all around kitchen skills with emphasis on organization and professionalism. Must meet daily production timelines in preparing food and finishing dish duties in a timely fashion. Must be able to follow recipes and directives from chef and sous chefs. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workstation. Always demonstrates excellent customer service. Professional appearance, able to follow proper sanitation procedures.
What you'll do
- Provide excellent customer service by demonstrating energetic, and positive attitude with customer interactions
- Assisting customers with requests and questions
- Communicating customer’s needs and feedback to management
- Recognize and respond appropriately to customer’s requests
- Maintain, clean and organize dish room
- Follow weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- Report any maintenance issues to management
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned
- Assist with food preparation activities
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen equipment
- Follows safety and sanitation procedures and is in compliance with all OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management guidelines.
Who you are
Excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer-service relationships
Strong technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
Ability to work in a kitchen, knowledge of knife skills and basic kitchen equipment
Thorough knowledge of sanitizing and chemical uses
Familiar with a dish machine and 3 sink compartments
Professional and mature attitude.
Strong sense of urgency.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
High School Graduate or GED Equivalency.
1-3 years dishwashing/prep experience preferred
Restaurant or Food Service experience preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs