About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The role of the Global Yield Management team is to maximize sales, margin and inventory through strategic in-season optimization across all customer channels. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global Yield Management Planner will own a department or category’s in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment, in-season pricing, and allocation while creating strategic in-season alignment across cross functional teams, markets, and channels.
What you'll do
- Manage sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals by evaluating in-season trends combined with existing pre-season strategies to deliver compelling pricing and short term inventory controls.
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Proactively influence Planning and Merchandising pre-season strategies with business knowledge based on current trends across all markets
- Create monthly forecast incorporating current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans
- Responsible for managing inventory and pricing strategy to exceed budgeted results
- Develop in season allocation strategies to deliver the optimal inventory to stores through partnership with Store Planning, Visual and Marketing teams
- Create comprehensive hindsights and partner with Planning and Merchandising team to develop future product and inventory strategies for all global regions
Who you are
Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs