About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Women’s Senior Copywriter is responsible for providing copy and creative insights for all touch points of the brand. Working independently and in collaboration with other writers, designers, marketers and producers, the Women’s Senior Copywriter helps steer content strategy, develop creative ideas and define the continued evolution of the Banana Republic brand and women’s voice. They report to the Editorial Manager.
What you'll do
- Write engaging copy that inspires and informs across all touch points of the brand.
- Manage editorial elements of projects throughout entire production cycle; attend all kick-offs, creative strategies, creative reviews and collaborate with marketing, production, design, styling and merch teams.
- Understand and anticipate consumer insights and the needs of individual vehicles, deliver required messaging and provide brand-appropriate copy.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail and strategic vision.
- Prioritize and manage own workload across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow-up on own initiative.
- Must be open to feedback and willing to iterate through multiple rounds until the final goal is achieved.
- Must be able to write in the Banana Republic brand voice and continue to evolve the women’s POV.
- Must have a passion for the brand and an expert understanding of women’s fashion.
Who you are
- Six-plus years of writing and editing experience, preferably with a fashion retailer or in retail advertising. (No technical writers, please.)
- Current and evolving sense of pop culture, fashion trends and competitive landscape.
- Strong comprehension of fashion terms, technologies and fabrications.
- Proven ability writing and editing brand copy across multiple platforms.
- Ability to create and execute a broad creative copy vision.
- Mastery of the English language. Impeccable grammar skills and a dedication to editorial excellence.
- Articulate thinker with an ability to take creative direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorming sessions and kick-off meetings.
- Experience managing other people. This role has one direct report.
- B.A. in English, creative writing, or related field.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs