We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The digital production artist is a key player on our energetic and fast-paced digital creative team at Athleta. The core purpose of this position is to develop and deliver creative assets across our digital omni ecosystem (mobile and ecommerce, app, email, social and display), contributing to a best-in-class customer experience. The target candidate is experienced in digital production design and has an acute attention to detail, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel. This role requires a high level of collaboration and takes direction from the design team. It requires being open to feedback and capacity to make multiple rounds of changes.
This position reports to the senior designer of digital design in the marketing department.
To be considered for this role, you must provide an online portfolio with relevant work with your application.
What you'll do
- Produce digital assets that support campaigns and other core marketing initiatives. Assets will be used for our website (desktop/mobile), app, email, display advertising, paid and organic social.
- Work with our prepress department to achieve high quality, retouched product and lifestyle imagery.
- Organize, maintain, and archive digital production assets in preparation for weekly and seasonal launches.
- Follows brand standards, guidelines and art direction provided by designers and art directors.
- Maintains cross-functional workflow processes and standards.
- Participates in weekly and seasonal site and email testing and QA.
- Creates, maintains and is consistently improving on templates for the design team to work from.
- Optimizes files and localization workflows using slices, smart objects, layer comps, and CC libraries.
- Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and processes, and advises on solutions that will produce better results.
- Collaborates with designers, copywriters, art directors, prepress, developers, brand and marketing teams, as well as trafficking team, to develop, iterate and deliver creative assets.
- Assist design team with presentations, mockups, and sometimes design if needed.
- Ensures a high level of quality and that assets are of high resolution, color is accurate, file sizes meet requirements, etc.
- Customer-centric thinker. Continually absorbs customer insights and applies knowledge strategically.
Who you are
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• BA in Graphic or Web Design
• 3-5 years production artist experience
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Understanding of typography and hierarchy skills
• Has a sharp eye for design and elevated aesthetic and maintains integrity and intention of designs
• Strong attention to detail
• Possesses a growth mindset
• Ability to juggle many projects at once, while maintaining quality control with a quick turnaround
• You’re a self-sufficient problem solver with a “figure-it-out quick” mentality
• Experience working cross-functionally across many teams and departments
• Open-minded and calm under pressure, with the ability to handle a high volume of work and deliver on fast turnarounds
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
• Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes
• Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with designers and web developers
• Resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Solid knowledge of digital media
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
• Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
• Ability to create GIFs and motion graphics. After Effects skills are a plus.
• Working knowledge of Sketch and Keynote
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.