About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Fabric leverages consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabric development, innovation, costing and positioning. He/She will drive a ‘Fabric First’ mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/She also provides direction and thought partnership to their team in NY as well as the Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia based on cross-functional strategies.
What you'll do
- Analyze fabric needs across the brand. Communicate recommendations Design and cross functional partners for leveraging qualities across divisions.
- Partner with Product Development and Merchandising to ensure that fabrics are within the V/G/B/B pricing architecture.
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost engineered and communicate with the Mill management team.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Drive fabric process discipline throughout product-to-market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone from Mill Week to Fabric Alignment and Sampling.
- Support the utilization of brand fabric liabilities to Design and Merchandising seasonally.
- Track all components of the fabric and wash resource library to support seasonal inspiration as well as archive Gap Brand platformed fabrics.
- Track Fabric development KPIs and brand discipline on number of seasonal developments
- Track fabric testing report and risk assessment tool to level set expectations across functional areas.
- Support pricing guidelines for line plan.
Who you are
- Fabric Expertise - strong experience with fabric constructions, dye techniques, finishes, and garment construction and manufacturing/sourcing processes.
- Problem Solver - can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Team Leadership - has successfully led teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships).
- Collaboration - proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
- Learning Agility - demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs