Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Store Planners will execute data analysis, validate analytic results, to drive data led strategies and plans for stores with the goal of delivering sales and margin growth while supporting the market opportunities. They will partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams to strategize, develop, and manage long range divisional store plans that support brand strategies. Further they will, maximize sales and profitability by influencing merchandising and planning investments through location-based analysis. Store Planners support the management and execution of all non-comp store activities within territory pre/post opening. They serve as a liaison with brand functional teams (merchandising, planning, finance, information technology). Planners develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements. Lastly, they proactively surface and communicate business issues.
What you'll do
- Develop top-down inventory plans, examine the appropriateness of store inventory positions, and work with cross functional teams to determine action plans.
- Develop hind-sighting process and metrics to measure Store Planning effectiveness
- Maintain systemic data through multiple tool set to reflect store sales trends
- Conduct analysis on merchandise assortment, optimal CC count & inventory levels to maximize unit productivity at the store level.
- Ensure timely and effective communication of key timelines, deliverables, and expectations to cross-functional team members
- Partner with Manager to balance workload and priorities; solicit decision support when needed.
Who you are
2 to 4 yrs. of experience in business strategy, store operations-logistics, supply chain mgmt or related fields preferred
Advanced competency with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly
Supply chain or retail software product and logistics flow knowledge is highly desirable
BA/BS in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or equivalent combination of skills and experience
Strong comfort level with managing change.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs