About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Marketing Manager of Divisional Content - Adult, will be part of the broader Old Navy Commercial and Content Planning marketing team.
What you'll do
Owns planning and execution for all Adult divisional brand content across omnichannel vehicles, including site, email and store signage
Directly responsible for Women’s content; manages one direct report responsible for Men’s, Women’s Plus and Maternity content
Creates inspiring marketing briefs that combine a customer-first mindset with a focus on business priorities and a clear product first point-of-view, leveraging key inputs from the Analytics team and Global and Online Merchandising
Drives pre season planning for Adult divisions to develop thoughtful omni strategies, ensuring all messaging is backed by strong product, impactful store presentation, retail signage specifically and compelling sort experiences, digital messages specifically
Partners with Creative, Editorial and Styling to bring product stories to life and develop assets that deliver on marketing and merchandising objectives
Partners with Social Media to leverage and cross-polinate storytelling strategies and assets where appropriate
Participates in all photo pipeline and in-season dialogues inclusive of photoplanning, in-season kick-off, creative reviews, final layout reviews, and mechanicals approval
Leverages weekly analyses, seasonal hindsights, competitive research and store visits, maintaining a deep understanding of the Adult divisions’ marketing effectiveness and driving for action in light of learnings
Partner closely with Merchandising to maintain a deep understanding of product assortments, positioning, and roadmaps to act as divisional expert within Marketing
Partner closely with Visual Merchandising on signage strategies and placements, and ensuring Marketing materials are produced and posted in mock store for monthly leadership walk-throughs
Knows the customer experience end-to-end, bringing an understanding of the market and competitive trends to all marketing placements
Manage store communications for all W's signage efforts to ensure proper placement and execution
Spearhead any testing initiatives for W’s divisional assets on site, email, and in store
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer marketing; content marketing experience required
- Proven ability to translate product stories into compelling marketing messages; a natural storyteller
- Strategic, data-driven, global thinker with a customer focused mindset
- Solid analytical skills, ability to glean insights and tell a story from data
- Strong ability to prioritize on the go
- Team player with top notch people skills who can foster dynamic relationships with other cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Merchandising, Production, Creative, Styling & Photo Production, Visual Merchandising, Social Media
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changeable environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- Laser focused on results both at an individual level and for the team at large
- Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to test and learn
- Experience in fashion and retail strongly preferred
- BA/BS required
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs