About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s HQ Finance team provides financial support to the HQ business units and the Executive Leadership teams. This position is a unique role in that it supports both an HQ functions (Executive, Corporate Affairs, Digital and Digital/Direct Marketing) as well as provides decision support to the Gap Inc Benefits team which oversees the employee benefits for the entire company. Along with owning the budget and forecast processes, this role will also identify and quantify key opportunities, provide financial and business point of view, and influence strategic business decisions especially related to benefits.
What you'll do
- Drive the monthly/quarterly forecast, monthly financial close, and management reporting processes
- Develop and prepare monthly/quarterly forecasts and explain any variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year
- Responsible for month end close process, including journal entries and P&L variance analysis to forecast, budget and prior year
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting package to business partners, including P&L variance analysis of actuals vs. budget and prior year, as well as detailed reporting of the month’s activities
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to develop annual budgets
- Lead financial analysis related to new and existing employee benefits; quantify financial impact of nationwide or local legislation affecting Gap Inc benefits
- Work closely with Gap Inc.’s actuaries to review and discuss the recent medical/dental claims activity, evaluate the risk/opportunity to the company’s financials, & provide guidance on the trend & the projected spend
- Partner with operational business partners on ad-hoc analysis and decision support
- Support Leadership in identifying cost savings, as appropriate
- Work closely with other Finance teams, including Corporate FP&A, Corporate Controller’s Group, Corporate Shared Service Center (CSSC), and other HQ finance teams
- Maintain strong internal controls and ensure SOX compliance
- Continually evaluate current processes and propose changes in order to drive efficiencies
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (CPA a plus); Minimum 3 to 5 years of financial analysis, public accounting or related business experience
Strong Oracle, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills; experience with Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Financials/OBIEE a plus
Analytical and structured thinker that possesses exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
Ability to consolidate and summarize large quantities of data and financial information in a clear and logical manner. Ability to identify trends and distill them into insightful conclusions and recommendations for management
Must have solid Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables, etc.) and be comfortable working with large data sets
Excellent project management skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build solid business partner relationships
Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
Team player with a positive attitude- open to cross training and sharing team responsibilities
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs