About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Transportation Finance manages several key financial aspects of the Global Supply Chain including the recovery of claims for lost, stolen, and damaged merchandise and supplies handled by our network of Transportation Providers. This role performs several key tasks in the claim recovery process including monitoring of undelivered merchandise and supplies, assignment of value to lost, stolen, and damaged merchandise, filing claims with transportation providers as well as performing claim recovery thru the execution of payment deduction processes. Additionally, this role provides reporting to management on overall trends and claim recovery.
What you'll do
- Serve as key resource for external providers to help resolve claims, assist transportation providers in the resolution of claims, update and maintain documentation guiding Transportation Providers in the resolution of potential claims
- Provide weekly reporting to Transportation Providers and Management detailing potential claims
- Perform detailed research to confirm potential claims prior to deduction including review of Bills of Lading, Proof of Delivery documents, and delivery scan information
- Execute monthly deductions for claims recovery, maintain detailed support for deductions, promptly notify Transportation Providers of pending deductions and provide monthly reporting to Management summarizing deductions
- File loss recovery claims directly with carriers for damaged and lost merchandise
Who you are
- 1-5 years of experience in accounting, accounts payable or accounts receivable roles
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong Excel skills including knowledge of excel formulas, Vlookup Functions, Pivot Tables, demonstrated skills in handling large volumes of data within Excel
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs