About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Looking for a leader who is curious, loves to solve complex problems in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, and is passionate about building teams. You’ll be responsible for oversight for design, compliance, administration, and communications including for health & welfare including disability plans in the United States covering approximately 25,000 eligible employees and 100,000 part-time and seasonal employees. Global Benefits Strategy & governance, PTO design and/or retirement plans a plus.
What you'll do
- Leads team with two direct reports in San Francisco
- Ensures compliance with all business and legal plan requirements, directs preparation and filing of legally required reports and documents, responsible for quarterly SOX certifications and internal audit reviews
- Develop & execute strategy by closely partnering with Leadership and Finance
- Manages US health & welfare expense of $115M and for oversight of related expenses in the Benefits Administration and Lifestyle Program annual budgets of ~$10M
- Understands external benchmarking & trends to evaluate and deliver a competitive benefit program
- Design & innovate while managing for efficiency in health & welfare, disability and PTO programs
- Builds and values Internal/External Partnerships to get the job done. Works closely with Shared Services and Brands, as well as other internal and external key stakeholders to manage the administration of the benefits programs
Who you are
15+ years experience within Benefits function. Global benefits experience preferred
Think ambiguity can be fun when things are ambiguous because it means you get to find the best solution
Understand that teams are stronger than individuals, You like people & love building teams and what it means to succeed through influence and partnerships
Like to solve multiple complex problems with and without others, sometimes happening concurrently
Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to the audience in front of you whether it’s a consultative style, executive presence, or down to the details, or to one person, or a big room
Strong business acumen, particularly financial and analytical skills; solid understanding of IT capabilities with HRMS desirable.
Experience working with external vendors who provide co-sourced or outsourced benefits administration services
Thorough knowledge of ERISA and other laws governing employee benefits; strong understanding of PPACA and experience with state and local mandates
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs