INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The Assistant Buyer will support INTERMIX’s merchandising strategy, open to buy process, business analysis, purchasing, allocation, flow of goods, team relationships and communication. They will have a strong ability to self-motivate & drive initiative, while having a deep understanding of our brand and customer.
What you'll do
- Provide operational and administrative supportto Buyer
- Support the Buyer with development of themerchandise strategy and assist with product selection
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise throughconsistent communication with vendors, distribution center, and buying team
- Manage timely entry and maintenance of purchaseorders and assists with writing orders
- Assist in the completion of business recaps
- Participate in markdown and allocationstrategies
- Have a strong understanding our customer andcompetitors
- Prepare information for line reviews
- Partnership with design and production to manageon order, pricing and deliveries
- Communicate to stores using the appropriatecommunication channels
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in business or fashion related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a multi-vendor or luxury brand environment
- Strong analytical ability and retail math acumen
- Keen fashion sense and trend forecasting ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs