Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
As a Brand Associate, you’re an integral part of our team and bring our brand to life for our customers. You’re responsible for engaging and connecting with our customers by providing excellent customer service resulting in brand loyalty. You’re an expert in product and use your knowledge and experience to educate, inform, inspire and wardrobe the customer. Through collaboration with your leadership team, you’ll deliver a best-in-class customer experience using an omni-channel approach.
What you'll do
- Consistently treat all customers and employees with respect and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Promote loyalty by educating customers about our loyalty programs.
- Seek out and engage with customers to drive sales and service using suggestive selling.
- Enhance customer experience using all omni-channel offerings.
- Be accountable to personal goals which contribute to overall store goals and results.
- Support sales floor, fitting room, cash wrap, back of house, as required.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work center.
- Handle all customer interactions and potential issues and returns courteously and professionally.
- Execute operational processes effectively and efficiently.
Who you are
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs