INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating compelling and engaging content that supports marketing objectives and always on content across social media platforms for Intermix. They will work closely with the Social Media Associate Manager and outside agency to create thoughtful, strategic content. This person will also be responsible for building out a social media team. This role reports to the Editorial Director and is responsible for driving creative strategy from concept to execution, inclusive of brand voice, look and feel, and taking platform nuances into account for optimal performance. The Manager should be directly connected to the cultural ‘zeitgeist’ and have a passion for all things pop culture. They are three steps ahead of what’s trending, with a creative eye on how to shape content through a strong brand voice and have a zeal for knowing what will resonate socially. Most importantly, they will embody the empowering voice of the Intermix brand to connect with followers and draw new followers at all points.
What you'll do
- Develop social content strategy, calendar and voice for all social channels.
- Collaborate with brand team, field teams and agency partners to grow and support nationaland micro influencer media campaigns and to extend cohesive brand messaging andstrategy across social media channels
- Develop programmatic KPIs and performance benchmarks based on member & prospectengagement along with overall audience growth goals
- Supervise, lead and coach direct reports, including social media manager(s), social mediaspecialist(s) and social care team(s).
- Concept, produce and edit mobile-first content for all platforms and target audiences,based on marketing priorities
- Stay current with social platform tech and trend developments and best practices inan effort to push innovative concepts and test/learn campaigns
- Ideate and concept content that meets creative and paid media best practices forpriority social channels and lead production from budgeted shoots to organicmobile opportunities
- Pitch ideas to strategically integrate social in a meaningful way to support businessand branding initiatives
- Partner within the social team to measure content performance and find opportunities tooptimize month over month
- Responsible for populating content calendar, platform publishing/ scheduling and copywriting
Who you are
- Strong writing, editing and language skills/copywriting
- Strong art/design skills, comfortable concepting ideas and managing a campaign throughproduction and post-pro
- Strong visual sense, with a solid understanding of photography principles formobile-first content
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working across multiple functional areas toachieve goals
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking,deadline-driven environment
- Extremely process and results driven and can define and communicate clear deadlines andaggressive schedules for social media processes
- Proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of content, identify and fix issues, developprogrammatic KPIs and performance benchmarks based on member & prospectengagement along with overall audience growth goals per channel
- Strategic thinker and self-starter, specifically in identifying innovative partnershipopportunities with our social media platforms
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in social media, advertising, publishingor marketing communications; social media strategy experience
- Experience building out a social team
- Prior digital marketing experience (social, email, mobile, etc.)
- Prior experience with luxury fashion brand or retailer
- Bachelor's degree in creative, communications, marketing or a related field
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the digital space.
- Bachelor’s in Advertising, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or a relatedfield/experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs