About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Customer Service Manager to successfully oversee the daily operations of our contact center’s customer service department. In this role, you’ll oversee a team of supervisors and agents handling customer calls, emails and chats to meet key performance metrics and deliver exceptional customer service. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to support the business and deliver results. This role is critical to the success of our customer’s experience so we’re looking for an individual who leads with inspiration and vision and can invigorate our teams to drive our global business.
What You'll Do:
Provide management of the daily operations of the Customer Contact Center function.
What you'll do
- Ensure delivery of exceptional customer experiences across email, chat and phone interactions.
- Meet or exceed Contact Center goals for key performance indicators including but not limited to, service level objectives, quality ratings, financial performance, attritionetention and handle time/availability.
- Work collaboratively across departments and locations to support the business.
- Demonstrate technical and functional knowledge of contact center procedures and applications.
- Develop, coach and motivate Customer Service Supervisors.
- Partner with Operations and Human Resources on staffing, scheduling and employee issues.
- Demonstrate positive change management leadership; supporting staff through initiatives and updates to our business process in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to identify, escalate and assist in resolving technical issues impacting customer and agent experience.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of customer service experience
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience
- Contact Center experience preferred
- Experience managing teams delivering customer service through Phone, Email and Chat channels preferred
- Ability to motivate, develop and lead employees in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong working knowledge of call center operations and Microsoft Office programs
- Effective organizational, collaboration and decision making skills
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet business and travel needs, including nights, weekend and holidays
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs