We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for contributing to the success of the Athleta assortment through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit’s financial goals.
Key business partners include:
inventory management, marketing, external vendors and the larger Athleta merchandising team.
What you'll do
- Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial target
- Assist in recapping weekly business and vendor selling; articulate learnings to cross-functional partners
- Rank category styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal performance; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store and online experiences
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with 3rd party vendors as well as internal teams; planning, marketing, design, production and vendor management
- Responsible for entering and maintaining accuracy of assortment tool. Communicates changes and updates to IM team
- Oversee process for procuring marketing samples. Place orders with vendors, follow up to ensure samples are received in a timely manner
- Manages in-season opportunities or risks by understanding product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class leve
- Proactively sees marketing knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets
- Influences others to achieve results.
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent
- 1-3 years of retail merchandising experience; ideally in the women's active space
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Possess computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Customer oriented
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs