About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Accountable to build product, in partnership with Manager and Design, R&D, Tech Design, Merchandising & GIS, that achieves aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against brand standards while also monitoring adherence for development to Key Performance Indicators for raw material and sample requests.
Accountable to build a line with Design, that meets business requirements as briefed by Merchandising & Production. Deliver a line for bulk execution in line with class and departmental financial goals.
What you'll do
- Attend seasonal fabric meetings and align on fabric and/or yarn identification and selection, in partnership with Design & R&D.
- Ensure fabric/silhouette pairings are appropriate and identify opportunity for innovation of construction standards to ensure consistency in experience and delivery of value to the customer, in partnership with Design and Tech Design
- Resolve potential manufacturing/costing issues prior to development of style to ensure quality execution in bulk
- Owns predictive hand-costing of product through BOM & sketch reviews
- Resolves any cost challenges and execution issues prior to product adoption
- Ensure line developed by Design aligns to customer feedback & preference, utilizing in-season analytics, in-store testing results, and consumer insights reporting
- Manage Bill of Materials throughout development process for product & costing accuracy
- Maintains filing system and record of approved components by season
- Acts as project manager across product teams in Design, R&D, Tech Design, and Merchandising
- Engage with Product Development Manager and Production Manager on Seasonal Sourcing Strategy
- Work with R&D team to drive raw materials development that aligns with rapid supply chain capabilities and cost-mitigation strategies
- Achieve seasonal financial goals by partnering with Manager and sourcing channels on cost engineering and vendor negotiations
- Roll-up and communicate seasonal costing analysis against financial targets and historical product lines
- Effectively resolve issues with cross-functional team in the development process with diplomatic, appropriate communication.
- Manage pre-season development timeline for cross-functional team
- Drives in-season color, quality, and sample approvals against bulk production delivery timelines
- In partnership with Design, hand off inspiration, samples and techniques to sourcing partners to drive product innovation with vendors
Who you are
2-4 years Product Development or requisite experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Manufacturing -- trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity
Fabric construction – mill timelines, fabric properties
Garment production -- production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing
Excellent aesthetic, design and color sensibility to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
Solid understanding of product construction
Solid understanding of design process
Strong product curiosity
Retail math: AUC, AUR, IMU
Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications
Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
Detail oriented with strong follow through
Organize and prioritize multiple projects
Have a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
Ability to react to change and deal with ambiguity
Emphasis on driving and influencing business processes
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs