About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a PLM Software Engineer II to successfully implement a new PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) application at Gap. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in an agile/scrum environment and be responsible for participating in the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of the application as part of a DevOps product team.
What you'll do
- Design, implement and configure new PLM product on Microsoft Azure Cloud adhering to Cloud Security requirements including using Akamai WAF (Web Application Firewall) Protection, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), DBaas (Database as a service) Security, SSO (Single Sign On) SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) 2.0, VM (Virtual Machine) Protection and Secrets Management using Azure Key Vault.
- Implement Continuous Integration/Delivery using state of the art deployment tools including PIPES 2.0, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, and auto scaling.
- Design and develop Data Migration Frameworks using Enovia 10.8 and Technia API’s (Application Programming Interface) to migrate the libraries and in-season data to new PLM to ensure Business continuity.
- Design and develop real time integration between cross domain applications using Spring Framework, RabbitMQ and Apache Kafka adhering to OAuth 2.0 security framework using Apigee.
- Adhere to development standards using design patterns, code reviews, CI/CD tools and automated unit testing.
- Work with remote teams, including having teleconference meetings during early morning or late evening times
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Software development using Java/J2EE technologies/Rest Webservices
- Object oriented analysis and design
- Continuous integration using Github, Jenkins, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Relational databases, Oracle, SQL, and/or MongoDB technologies
- Experience with Spring Application Framework, Spring Integration Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Circuit Breaker, and/or Spring Actuator
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs