About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Program Manager is a critical role accountable for delivering GapTech’s Tech Modernization Transformation. This position will be responsible for coordinating execution of GapTech’s Tech Modernization end-to-end program, to deliver the expected business benefits. The position requires organization, communication and influence to deliver the required business outcomes. Communication will be external to our largest vendors, and internal to the CIO and her senior leadership team.
What you'll do
- Facilitate creation, prioritization, planning and execution of business capability and technical roadmaps with Product Management, Engineering and Architecture
- Drive management and on-budget delivery of business capability roadmaps
- Drive solution definition, budget option and alternative analysts at higher level
- Maintain overall financial and milestone status of initiatives and provide visibility across your portfolio ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning at initiative level; Surface issues and risks; Escalate for resolution
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts by providing input into an enterprise framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Manage team internal and external interdependencies, resolving team blockers and dependencies
- Communicate business critical status and lead site and engagement team including regular communications to business leaders across all brands
Who you are
- 7+ years of consulting and/or program management experience
- Experience in organizing, managing large scale technical programs and coordinating with a diverse set of cross-functional teams across business and technology functions
- Experience and understanding of BI/Analytics/Data Platform, Large Scale Custom Built and Package, Azure and Oracle Cloud technologies and solutions
- Experience managing large programs or a portfolio of projects (5+ Million annually)
- Experience working with engineering development and ops teams in DevOps model
- Experience working in or with product management
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, BI, Cloud, DevOps
- Creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- High degree of financial acumen with proven track record of planning and executing on the financial aspect of deliverables
- Demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies
- A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of delivery and client satisfaction
- Proven ability to provide executive level communication and risk assessments
- Strong management presence and experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business leadership on technology related issues, excellent verbal and written communication
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs