About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Sr. Director, NA Domestic Transportation -- the Director, Gap Inc. Parcel Operations – N.A is responsible for the planning, optimization, and execution of the transportation of parcel shipments supporting Gap Inc.’s North American Consumer Direct (including DC to Consumer and Ship from Store) and Non-Consumer Direct networks. This leader is accountable for an annual operating budget of $500M+ in Transportation spend and the execution of 80M parcels across the US and Canada markets. This leader is accountable for optimal parcel deliveries to Consumers, Stores, and offices across the Gap Inc. NA Supply Chain network – owning parcel service and budget execution for the Gap Inc. brands. This leader will be accountable to manage external parcel carrier relationships and KPI performance related to parcel shipping – interacting with internal supply chain, brand, and DC functions. Managing a team of Transportation professionals, this leader is expected to drive a dynamic function - possessing the necessary skills to operate and lead in an increasingly complex and evolving customer driven business model. This leader is expected to be well versed in Parcel core principles and well connected to industry trends, other retailers, and external service providers and couriers within the Transportation/ Parcel industry. Finally, this position is responsible for recommending and tracking long-term strategies [working closely with senior strategy and brand executives], building a diverse and effective team, and using independent judgment to ensure service and cost expectations are met. Knowledge of large e-commerce networks, and experience with UPS, FedEx, and regional couriers is required.
• Manage over $500M in annual Transportation Parcel Shipment spend and 80M+ parcel shipments – with budget and service accountability for DC to Consumer, Ship from Store, and Non-Consumer Parcel shipments
• Manage Carrier/ Courier Performance and Relationships across the Parcel network – US and Canada
• Develops annual operating plans and long-range strategies for the N.A. Parcel network
• Leads the design/ development of Parcel Visibility tools to enable real-time workflow management and assessment of network performance
• Development of optimal “speed” solutions to support varying brand requirements and customer promise requirements
• Ensure Business Continuity Plans are in place to support Parcel needs across markets/ channels
• Leverage professional partnerships to enhance cross-functional work-flow, decision-making, & collaboration within the Global Parcel network
• Educated in Industry/ Regulatory issues and external network benchmarking for Parcel Operations
• Establish the processes and tools required for regular performance reporting and communication to senior management
• Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and drive results through cross-functional and carrier teams at all levels
• Ability to manage multiple, large, and complex budgets that greatly influence Gap Inc’s margin and bottom-line
• Strong knowledge of parcel transportation models/ networks and evolving service levels as well as other Transportation modes [OB, LTL, Intermodal, Airfreight, Ocean, etc.]
• Strong Strategy and Project Management skills
• Ability to manage large provider contracts, relationships, and executive interactions
• Strong analytical skills, including ability to review and continuously improve operating model year over year
• Strong Problem-Solving, Planning, Conflict Resolution/Negotiation, Influencing and Analytical skills
• Experience in developing and analyzing transportation models and developing strategic plans
• Computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point, and Word applications required
• Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency, and manage multiple priorities with confidence
• Ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations – both internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to implement large-scale change and proven track record in managing complex projects
Who you are
• Bachelors’ degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience
• MBA, MSIE, CSMP or other relevant advanced degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in Transportation management and leadership, with a focus on Transportation Parcel operations
• 10+ years’ experience in leading external carriers and dealing with executive level leaders
• 7-10 years’ experience managing resources and building effective global teams
• Carrier and Provider sourcing and procurement experience required
• Previous Retail/ Online experience strongly preferred
• Working experience with UPS, FedEx, and regional couriers
• Budget development/ management experience required
• Proven track record in successfully leading complex, cross-functional projects required
• Experience with various TMS and WMS required – with a focus on Parcel systems
• Must be able to travel as business dictates – N.A. travel focus – 5% - 15% based on need
• Initially Domiciled in Erlanger, KY (a suburb of Cincinnati, OH)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.