About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Sr. Human Resources Manager develops and sustains consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams, acting independently as a trusted partner, change agent, and advisor to unlock potential, influence, and challenge to drive business results. The Sr. HR Manager builds effective working relationships throughout the brands as well as other HR functional areas to lead all aspects of HR for assigned teams within the Corporate Functions, including implementation of HR strategy and day-to-day support. Understands the business and functions they support to provide targeted, specific HR advice to leaders and employees; acts as a HR thought partner and coach.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the business to develop and execute functional talent strategies to drive business results.
- Manage data, measurements, and tactics to support key people programs and decisions. Use insights to drive employee engagement and performance.
- Act as a resource to business leaders on all aspects of the employee lifecycle including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Rewards, and Employee Relations.
- Actively partner with the business, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management to develop strategies to strengthen or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready talent pipeline.
- Partner across HR to integrate ideas, develop creative solutions, driving HR functional excellence to ensure optimal support of the enterprise.
- Ensure consistent application of policies, practices and Gap Inc. values.
Who you are
7+ years of HR and/or HR related experience.
Strong diagnostic skills & decision quality; demonstrated ability to assess organizational trends and develop HR solutions to drive performance.
Technical / Functional skills- demonstrated knowledge of HR practices including: Org Design, Performance and Change management, Leadership Coaching, Employee Relations, and Compensation.
Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work, both through formal channels and the informal network; can maneuver, and guide others through complex situations.
Dealing with ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Comfort around higher management – Proven ability to interact and influence leaders.
Interpersonal Savvy & Customer Focus – Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; and can build effective partnerships; can diffuse high-tension situations effectively.
Process management - Can see opportunities for alignment and integration; good at determining the processes to get things done.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs