About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Software Engineer II, you will have the opportunity to work in an agile/scrum environment contributing to the development of Global Supply Chain platform. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting software as part of a DevOps product team.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product management, technical management, and architecture in the design of software products.
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns.
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible features for our Global Supply Chain platform using Test/Behavior Driven Development practices.
- Partner with like-minded engineers in empowered and self-organized product teams.
- Lead, follow, and teach others during the development of software.
- Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Develop, test, deploy, and support software that supports business needs.
- Be available to support and resolve production issues/outages.
Who you are
- Computer Science degree or comparable engineering degree
- 4+ years of experience in Full Stack/web development experience
- 4+ years of java experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the development spring-based, micro-services.
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design principles.
- Experience with presentation layer technologies, including HTML, and CSS.
- Experience with Mongo DB or SQL DB.
- Experience deploying to Azure-based cloud containers.
- Experience with test automation tools, such was Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, mocking objects, etc.
- Experience with Continuous integration tools, like Jenkins or Electric Commander
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs