About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Staff Analyst for the Inventory Control Reporting & Analytics team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for producing monthly operational and financial reporting relating to Inventory for Gap Inc globally. In addition, you will have an understanding of company inventory transactions, data, processes and systems in detail. In this role you will communicate financial and inventory data to all levels of management. You’ll collaborate, communicate, and strategize with cross-functional partners regarding Inventory Control issues and questions.
What you'll do
Ensure all reporting deadlines and Service Level Agreements are met
Design creative ways to obtain, report and correlate data for decision making
Analyze data to evaluate potential inventory process problems across the company
Summarize results of analysis, draw links with business processes, present results in a logical manner
Ensure inventory procedures & processes are documented and maintained
Present reporting and analysis packages to upper management
Support Business Partners and their strategies related to inventory issues and execute process improvements relative to inventory and reporting
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or business-related area, or previous comparable experience
- 3+ years applicable business experience
- PC proficient, expert in Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, formulas, formatting worksheets, etc.) advanced skills in PowerPoint, Intermediate skills in Microsoft Power BI
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of operational and financial systems
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Previous experience in Finance, Retail, or Inventory Control
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs