We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
A critical team member of both the Athleta Brand Marketing and Retail Experience teams, the Manager of Brand Marketing and Retail experiences helps 1) lead retail marketing communications and 360 strategies 2) omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring that brand and product campaigns are powerfully brought to life across channels.
The manager will dual report to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and the Senior Director of Retail Experience, as well as, collaborate with cross functional partners.
• Strong collaboration and communication with HQ Retail Experience team in partnership with Field Visual Teams.
• Ability to influence leadership at a cross-functional level, as well as form a variety of relationships.
• Strong organizational and campaign management skills
• Adaptable to change and ability to operate with moderate levels of ambiguity
• Build annual and localized Retail Experience Strategy
• Oversee partnership and briefing with Retail Experience Team to develop compelling window and in-store presentations.
• Key liaison with Store design on all NSO needs including takeovers/barricades
• Partnership with the brand and central Store operations teams and field to provide strategic guidance.
• All Retail Experience Communication to the field
• Kickoff and brief Retail and brand packaging needs
• Commercial plan for Retail brought to life across the store fleet with goal of driving store awareness and traffic.
• Lead marketing strategy development for new business.
• Lead seasonal product packaging process for marketing, partnering with merchants and production to vet, brief and bring to life seasonal packaging requests.
• Support strategic growth initiatives to drive business results, growth, and/ relevancy.
• Lead campaign strategy and execution for select cultural moments
• Support with competitive and consumer insights, cultural zeitgeist trends, and
Who you are
• At least 5-6 years brand marketing strategy, planning and communications experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
• Excellent annual and seasonal brand marketing strategy and marketing communications development and execution experience and skills with proven track record of driving strong business results
• Experience creating 360 integrated marketing plans and working with cross functional marketing partners to make the marketing strategy come to life
• Understand the dynamics of physical stores and how to make a strong impact with marketing and communication to the business
• Strong promotional/traffic-driving ideation/concepting skills
• Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – design, merchandising, inventory management, strategy, finance, marketing, creative, agency
• Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with leadership skills
• Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
• Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
• Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.