About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Art Director leads the Seasonal Campaign Marketing Team within Old Navy Global Marketing.
What you'll do
- The Senior Art Director will partner with the Vice President of Brand Experience/Creative to shepherd all of the creative materials produced for the brand both internally and externally.
- This person must exhibit a true passion for retail and graphic design as well as being a true design and concept thought-leader, constantly anchored in Old Navy’s essence while able to continuously refresh the brand’s voice over time.
- As the guardian of the brand visuals and messaging across vehicles, the Senior Director will be focused on leadership of a seasonal pod in the internal creative department and delivery of materials for all channels both in-store and digital as well as special projects, occasionally providing bench for the V.P. of Creative by collaborating with external styling, editorial, brand and marketing partners on shoots and storytelling.
- Partner with the VP of Brand Experience/Creative to be a catalyst for creative thinking and non-traditional solutions within the Old Navy creative department.
- Responsible for seasonal creative inspiration.
- Lead the internal creative department by coaching and developing new talent.
- Direct and oversee all concepting and execution of creative materials in all marketing channels including circular, in-store, p.r., promotions, and direct.
- Ensure brand creative integration across all media of Old Navy.
- Review and approve all layouts and copy for assigned channels before presentation to VP.
- Partner with cross-functional leads of store visual/design and product development teams to deliver marketing programs.
- Oversee (with functional design heads) the monthly photo-shoots for in-store and circular (both on figure and flat photography). This will require regular travel for the shoots.
- On occasion, cover advertising shoots while V.P. is on other assignment.
- Enforce and evolve the brand voice and identity (color palette, typography, executional tool-box) over time.
- Deliver exceptional creative in all vehicles, on time and integrated with seasonal briefs.
- Increase the creative profile of Old Navy in a consistently surprising way.
- Develop staff to exceed creative expectations.
- Mature and compelling personality with an outstanding sense energy, sprit, balance, harmony, color, style and humor.
- Excellent knowledge of typography.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop talent.
- Decisive yet flexible.
- Ability to work within the various time constraints of each channel.
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design or related field.
- 10 + years senior level experience as a graphic designer or art director in a fashion, retail and/or advertising environment.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing people.
- Photo shoot experience.
- Knowledge of paper and printing processes
- Prefer direct mail experience.
- Prefer corporate identity experience.
- Monthly travel (e.g. photoshoots, product review)
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs