About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As the Senior Manager of Marketing/Media, Strategic Sourcing – you will drive a competitive advantage by having a deep understanding of Marketing & Media (traditional/digital/social/search, etc) best practices, benchmarks and market intelligence and be responsible for value creation for Gap Inc. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of category managers that own planning and execution (RFPs and negotiations) of category strategies with high strategic impact to all Gap Inc. Brands. The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and maturing strong and effective business partner relationships, while influencing leaders internally and externally that result in on-going strategic partnerships, and leverage their subject matter expertise and market intelligence to influence business decisions. You will manage high visibility, strategic partnerships with key strategic vendors.
What you'll do
- Develop and lead team of category managers; coach, train and develop junior staff on both technical and soft skills
- Build effective strategic relationships with external suppliers/agencies and internal business partners to drive results and influence business decisions
- Lead and participate in meetings with senior-level business leaders, across all Gap Inc. brands and varied functions (Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc)
- Proven ability to navigate a complex matrixed organization
- Negotiate strategic, high impact, multi-brand deals for Gap Inc.
- Manage competitive RFXs, as necessary, and oversee negotiation strategy development, manage or conduct the competitive negotiation process as needed
- Drives completion of simultaneous projects by proactively considering new alternatives and driving critical thinking to optimize results
- Supports the creation and implementation of programs to assess and promote supplier performance and development (e.g., establishing quarterly and annual goals, conducting quarterly business reviews, formal scorecard measures)
- Manages rigorous analysis in order to scope and prioritize new sourcing opportunities within project areas
- Attends industry conferences & trainings to maintain competitive skill set and understanding of market best practices and benchmarks
- Proven skills to manage KPIs (savings, cost avoidance, performance, risk management, industry intelligence, supplier/agency mapping, etc.)
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or Marketing Agency
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline
- Strong Strategic Sourcing experience and the ability to regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Deep knowledge across Media (Social, Digital, SEO/SEM, Affiliate experience a plus!), Digital Services, Marketing Technology and Direct Mail/Catalog
- Experience planning and leading negotiations
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written skills, as well as excel and data analysis skills
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- Ability to effectively handle issues and challenging situations
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Proactively manage complex, fragmented projects simultaneously
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs