About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The International and Outlet (I + O) division encompasses some of the fastest growing global markets in the Old Navy portfolio. The I + O team is responsible for setting the long-term vision and strategy for these markets and evaluate new market opportunities, as well as managing day-to-day businesses operations to drive these strategies forward.
The strategy and operations function within I + O partners closely with each market to support strategic decision making through long-term planning efforts, pricing optimization, new growth initiatives, process improvement and democratization of data to shape and guide our path forward. Through rigorous analysis, focus on the competition and customer, creative thinking and deep partnership we support our market leaders in making the best decisions for the business.
The Sr. Analyst of International Growth & Operations Strategy will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of ON around the world as well as optimizing our existing business operations. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning, business operations, business development, and finance, requiring a mix of analysis, cross-functional leadership and project management. Sample projects include: new market entry, pricing deep-dives, long-range planning for existing international markets, and developing comprehensive business cases.
Provide support to business development projects that enable international growth. This includes:
What you'll do
- Business development support e.g. financial modeling and market due diligence
- Developing market entry models, leading data collection efforts, financial modeling, and analyzing market entry potential along qualitative and quantitative measures
- Delivering insights and packaging findings into executive-ready content
- Performing analyses to deliver insights
- Coordinating operations in launching new markets, products or channels
- Managing time and deliverables to work plans
Provide support to strategic projects that support revenue and cost management in international markets by:
- Price architecture recommendations through competitor benchmarking, consumer insights, internal data analytics and financial modeling
- Identifying key issues and developing hypotheses
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including competitor benchmarking and financial modeling
- Partnering closely with cross-functional teams to review analysis and determine next steps
- Synthesizing findings, and preparing presentations that communicate action itemsecommendations to senior management and leadership team
- Developing and managing workplans
Support business critical strategy projects including:
- Creation of Long-Range Plans across brands through research, analysis and close collaboration with teams
- Process improvement initiatives through analysis of current state and development of recommendations for future improvement
- Identify new data or analytic capabilities that can support teams in improved decision making
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results
- Proactively foster cross-functional relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations.
Who you are
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience; strong preference for strategy management consulting or investment banking experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in and/or knowledge of retail industry, preferably with apparel experience
- Experience working with international operations, especially in developing markets
- BA/BS required
Demonstrated track record as an exemplary problem-solver and strategic thinker:
- Able to identify/frame key issues and develop hypotheses
- Comfort working in and bringing structure to ambiguous environments
- Experience with quantitative analysis, financial modeling, creative problem solving, and project management
- Ability to synthesize disparate information into insights and strategies
- Ability to work in the details without losing sight of the big picture and deliver high-quality end-products under time pressure
Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills:
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs