We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Founded in 1999 in the picturesque town of Petaluma, CA, Athleta is a performance & lifestyle apparel brand dedicated to female empowerment & inclusivity, sustainability, technical beauty & innovation.
We’ve grown a bit since then, but our DNA remains the same. Our HQ is now in downtown San Francisco, and we’ve opened over 180 stores across the U.S., with more on the way.
Are you interested in helping us innovate and make an impact? Join us. We’re hiring our first ever Design Apprentices into the brand.
Our Design team is the backbone of Athleta. We’ve built an amazing group - comprised of Designers, Fabric R&D, Trend & Concept, Color, Print, and more from across the globe. Now, we are looking to build for the future with our Design Apprenticeship program. As a Design Apprentice you will learn all about the various functions within Athleta’s design department. You will be able to support the design team whilst learning and fine-tuning your skill set.
This position has a start date of Summer 2020.
• Participates in the conceptual development of seasonal product collections
• Supporting the team in all aspects of design: researching, sketching, presentations, fittings and functional solutions
• Partnering with Design and Tech to create seasonal tech packs
• Creation of Mock ups, draping, and co creation packs
• Supports in colour up of line and management of colour execution
• Supports designers with accuracy and execution of technical drawings (flats) partnering with tech design and merchants to assist in-season issues
• Passionate about sustainability
• Keen interest in an active life
Who you are
• Knowledge of Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Knowledge of 3D design software a plus (Optitex, Browsewear, Clo)
• Ability to think three – dimensionally and to visualize from sketch to body
• Good understanding of product constructions (e.g finishes, fabrics, trim, stitches etc)
• Time management/communication skills
• Great design sense and knowledge of the Active market
• College Degree in Fashion Design or related field.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.