Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
Marketing Manager- Promotions, Gap Factory
The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting andexecuting the digital expression of the OMNI promotional marketing plan for GapFactory . This positionwill report to the Marketing Director.
Promo Responsibilities Include:
- Partnering with the Marketing Director andstore counterparts to plan the preseason promotional calendar, building out newideas and anniversarying key campaigns.
- Drive in season calendar planning, developingnimble strategies to react to weekly business, partnering closely withMarketing Director, Buying, Finance, Production and Store teams.
- Create inspiring and strategic marketingbriefs that lead with a customer first mindset and a clear point of view.
- Lead end to end in season execution of key campaigns(brief writing, kickoff, creative review, QA, event hindsightingecapping).
- Oversee the planning ofcross-brand promotions, in partnership with marketing and finance counterparts.
- Develop a A/B testing plans,recap performance and leverage learnings to inform future marketing strategiesand drive channel innovation.
- Drive thought leadership and strategy throughweekly, ad hoc, and seasonal hindsightsecaps.
- Bring new ideas to the table, continuouslytesting and learning.
- Build a strong partnership with Store marketingpartners, supporting traffic and growth initiatives across both channels todrive the best omni-channel experience.
- Understand market and competitive trends
- Develop strong relationships andcollaborate with cross-functional partners.
- Be a solutions-oriented,self-starter; highly responsive, accountable and flexible to meet businessneeds.
Who you are
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
- High attention to detail
- Tremendous organization and process management skills
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills to foster relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Solid analytical skills and strong knowledge of excel are a must; experience in Omniture a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to glean insights and tell a story from the data
- 5+ years years of marketing, company planning/finance, agency/consulting, or buying/merchandising experience a plus
- Must have a passion for innovative thinking & strong business acumen as well as prior experience in digital marketing. Retail experience a plus.
- BA/BS required
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs